Wednesday, December 24, 2014

An Open Letter To My Hale Center Family

Well.  The time has come.  I'll be honest, I don't know what to say exactly, or how to proceed.  I've been trying to write this letter for a couple of weeks and I feel like I can't quite convey all of my thoughts and feelings accurately.  If at all.
Let's be honest, everything that I have as far as experience is concerned I owe to you.  Before I showed up at the hale, I was focused on working in studios; I had little to no interest in theater.  Kelly mentioned to me that there would be an opening and *poof*, I appeared.  But I didn't think it would be anything long term or that it would change my life in the way that it did.  I thought that I would be there, gain some experience, enjoy my time and that I would be moving on.

It's quite fair to say that the Hale has changed my life.  I discovered a love and passion for theater and live acting that hitherto the Hale, I had no idea existed. I was immediately charmed by Dave Smith and his portrayal of Bobby in Crazy For You.  I couldn't believe the talent that was on the stage.  From Taylor Eliason and his beautiful (BEAUTIFUL) voice to Debra Weed and her electric presence, I was suddenly smitten.  I loved the ups and downs, the problem solving, but most importantly, the people.

At first, it was the talent on the stage that was most impressive to me.  But as time wore on, I really came to realize how much work went into costuming, set design, light design and hair.  Even the officers (seriously.  You guys are so much kinder than I will ever be under some pretty tough circumstances.) are so impressive in their professionalism and know-how.  The talents of the production crew (Cody S, Jana, Maryann, Meagan, etc.) are so synced; so limitless, it really is amazing to me.

I don't know what I'm saying, really.  I'm just babbling. The last few weeks have been a roller coaster of tears, confusion, sadness and happiness.  I guess in the end, I just want you all to know that I love you.  That without you, I would be in a studio somewhere, realizing that tracking isn't what I want to do with my life.   That you're important to me and the memories we have are some of the best in my life. 

You're my family and I'll love you forever.

Best,
Andrew James Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment