Thursday, August 16, 2012

Here it is, here is the new alphabet:

As I'm writing this, I'm watching the movie I Am legend.  It's at the part where the dog turns into a zombie dog and will smith has to kill him.  It's really sad.
I've been subjecting myself to a lot of end-of-the-world type media.  My little brother has been playing fallout 3 (which deals with a nuclear bomb being dropped on the united states and the pandemonium that would ensue) and I have been following that closely.  I have also been watching the Walking Dead and now I'm watching I Am Legend.  The thing is, these things fill me with such despair.  They leave me feeling hopeless.  So maybe I'll try to ease up on them.  Because I feel like the things I'm watching are somehow damaging my soul.
I was thinking about the alphabet today.  The alphabet begins with a and ends with z.  But who set that standard?  Here's the real question: who came up with the song?? You know, the song we sang since we were young?  Who is the writer of that catchy tune?  I'm going to arbitrarily rearrange the alphabet and rewrite the jingle.  The jingle has got to be more catchy than the one that we are currently using, though.  It has to be in order for the new one to catch on. 

Here it is, here's the new alphabet:  jufirandykqezbmxcpsgwhvlot
Isn't it great?!

Dr. pepper lately has been making me sick.  I might give up soda for a little bit.   Maybe I'll set a goal not to drink soda until the super bowl.
I've always wanted to fly.  No, not like, hollow out my bones and sprout wings.  I mean, that would be cool, but that is not what I meant.  I want to be a pilot.  I love to travel and I love to fly.  It's my choice career.  I had heard from a few sources that a pilot that is just starting out has to be gone a lot and therefore, I gave it up.  I chose against learning to fly.  I wanted to have time for a family instead.  You can all see how well that is working out.  But I digress.
A few nights ago, I was out at my thinking spot, watching the stars (no. not the stupid meteor shower. It was a different night) and as a plane flew by, I felt a little pang of regret.  Maybe it wasn't regret, maybe it was something like wonder.  I wonder where they are going and what they are doing.  I wonder if they left someone for a long amount of time and they finally get to return to them.  I wonder if they are up there, wondering if I'm down here, wondering about them.  Being a pilot seems so romantic to me.  Traveling is so romantic to me.
 

I want to go everywhere and I want to do everything.
I've got to quit watching movies where the world ends.

Thanks for reading.
I love you for it.
Don't be safe.  Be sorry.


2 comments:

  1. The tune is a old French folk song. Some attribute it to Mozart. It's also Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, it case after 28 years of existence you still hadn't realized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how your new alphabet has "andy" in it.

    ReplyDelete