Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It was like I had traveled back in time

I finally have internet in my apartment, again.  you see, the first time I had internet, I was mooching off the kids who were here before me.  They left a modem behind and so I tested it out.  Sure enough, we still had service.  Huzzah for free internet!  But it was short-lived.  The guys showed up like, within a few days and took their modem from me.  Thus, I was left alone.  Sad.  And without my precious interwebs.

The other day, I was at Best Buy and Come On Eileen came on.  Not the original version, but the new version by Save Ferris.  It was like I had traveled back in time to the mid 90's.

Although there is something to be said about the convenience of Walmart, I don't think anybody likes it.  Nobody really likes walmart, right?  Stinky, poorly dressed people, usually speaking a different language while letting their unruly children run up and down the aisles typically makes for a bad experience for everyone.  Right?  (exhibited here: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com)
Now, I don't really get that irritated with the people of walmart as much as everyone else seems to.  I get more irritated with the parking situation.  Some of those rows of parking stalls are just one way, you know?  As you're driving along, you can park on the right or the left because the direction you're going is one way.  But it seems like not everybody gets that.  It seems like every other time I'm trying to park, I have some fool coming up a down only lane.  And then what?  Then, I have to pull all the way to the right side, nearly hitting the other parked vehicles, so this idiot can squeeze his/her suburban past. 
Lately, I haven't been doing that, though.  Lately, I stay right in the middle of the lane.  I come to a complete stop and wait for the giant suburban to go in reverse.  Yes, I am the embittered about people driving down the one way parking aisles.
Another thing that has me kind of irritated about parking at Walmart, is all of the jockeying that goes on for a close parking space.  You know those people that will turn on their blinker and wait for a parking spot?  That's fine.  I don't have a problem with that.  But what about when they're not even in their car yet?  Just park a little further away and walk for heavens sake! It's a grocery store, anyway! You're going to have to walk!
A lot of times, I'll pass the fool that's waiting, park 20 yards away and walk past them.  All the while, they're still waiting for their coveted, close parking stall. 

I love you for reading.
Chin up and all that.
Keep muddling through.

No comments:

Post a Comment