Sunday, August 5, 2012

maybe there is more to being human

It's been a minute since last I posted.  Man, what a hectic weeks it's been.  I'm not kidding.  Hectic.

Business before pleasure:

Let me just take a break from building my garbage bookcase and say some things.

The Olympics started.  Holy crap, is anybody else irritated by it, or am I alone on this one?  I don't care if they're wearing a U.S. jersey, an English jersey or a jersey representing friggin Andrew James Keele (alright.  I went too far.  It would be rad if someone was in the olympics competing in my behalf.), shot put is still boring.  So is speed walking, for that matter.  And archery.  And the 400 m run.  Look, it's all boring.  Just because they're sporting a jersey with 'U.S.A' across the front doesn't make it anymore interesting.  Right?  Doesn't anybody else agree with me??  I feel like I'm all alone in my total distaste and indifference toward these games. 

I moved out of my sister's basement this week.  I have lived there for the last 2 1/2 years and it's weird to be out.  As I sit in my new room, watching the bobblehead of myself's head bobbling to the rhythm of my fingers punching the keyboard (for reals.  I have a bobble head of myself.  I'll prove it.), I wonder at my new adventure.  I went out and bought a bunch of stuff for our bathroom; I set up my little project studio, again.  I'm excited to see what this year will bring me.

I have a nephew that is only two years old.  I used to watch him every single wednesday as a favor for my sister.  We would sword fight, watch movies, run around the house and wrestle.  I love him like I would love my own son (hypothetical son) and I will tell you that I miss him like crazy.  It has only been one week and I already long to see him.  Kind of weird how our proverbial hearts are affected, huh?  In an earlier post, I boiled love all down to chemicals and science, but things like my ache to see baby jagger give me pause.  Maybe there is more to being human than just hormones and genes. 

see? proof that I am a bobblehead.  Also, proof that bobblehead andrew james keele hangs out with bobble head Iron Man.

Okay, back to building my book case again.  There is still a lot of stuff that I've got to get done. 
I love you for reading.  Honestly.
be brave, little piglet.

No comments:

Post a Comment